As promised, I have compiled some of my favourite easy peasy recipes that you can include in your home-made, take home cook book after a cooking party!
Delicious hot or cold, sweet or savoury. Other fillings can include cheese and tomato, chocolate spread or peanut butter!
For cheese and Marmite whirligigs you will need:
- 9 ounces puff pastry (pre-made)
- Marmite - more or less depending how much you love it!
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 ounces cheese, grated (cheddar, red leicester)
1) Preheat oven to 220 degrees/Gas 7. Line baking sheet with non stick paper
2) Roll out puff pastry to about 15x10 inches
3) Spread Marmite thinly on the pastry, leave a 1cm border
4) Brush the edges of the pastry with a beaten egg
5) Sprinkle cheese evenly over the Marmite
6) Roll up pastry as if it is a swiss roll for a whirli effect, starting from the long edge. Brush the outside with beaten egg.
7) Cut the roll into thick slices and place on baking sheet.
8) Cook for 12-15 minutes until pastry is risen and golden.
9) Enjoy hot or cold!
Tip: These also make a great addition to any event including children's parties, picnics, entertaining guests and canapes!