second theme which is distinctively different to the Fairy Party. This party theme is perfect for your child's party (mainly the boys!) , of course it can only be the Pirate Party.
From walking the plank, (not literally) to pinning the patch on the pirate, the children are sure to have a fun packed and unforgettable time- so get planning!
I am going to start from the beginning and my upcoming blogs will help you plan the perfect pirate party, but today I am going to talk you through the all important invitations.
1) My idea fits very well with the theme but also contains a rather fun element to it too- when I think of Pirates I often think of treasure and treasure maps which is I believe can be fitted in to the invitation.
2)To make the map, just use a blank marker to draw some white copy paper. Have some fun and keep it loose and graphic. Make a big island with jagged shores.
3) Put a giant 'X' to mark the spot of the party whilst adding to it the address of where the party is going to be held.
4) Make a bold, curving, dashed line for a path around the island and put several obstacles or landmarks along the way, each one giving a clue to the party ( time, date, whether its fancy dress or not, etc)
What to include in the invitation
- The Date
- The Venue
- The times of the party
- Dress Code
- Theme ( You could introduce the party as Pirates of the Carribean themed)
Similarly to my tips posted in the Fairy Invitations Post, I always think that adding a sentence that will go along with the theme adds a little fun to the invite! Some examples are below...
- You could use Pirate language such as 'Ahoy Mates'
- 'aarrrrggghh you ready to have a good time mateys?'
- Call your guest lists 'ship mates'
To be more creative, how about some rhymes...
-'You are invited to an afternoon of fun, for this little pirate is turning one!'
I hope this has inspired you to start planning a Pirate party for your little'un- Check out my upcoming blogs that will give you some more tips on how to create a party for your child to remember.
You can of course contact us, (Once Upon A Time Parties) if your feeling a little lazy- we are more than happy to come entertain your child bringing along this theme!